University Center Student Manager
The University Center Student Manager will assist the Manager of University Center Operations with the operations of the front desk. He/she will serve as a liaison between the student staff and the professional staff. The manager will meet with the UC Manager on a weekly basis. The manager will be required to work approximately 8-15 hours per week. Approximately one hour will be a weekly meeting with the UC Manager and the other 7-15 hours will be dedicated office hours and must be scheduled after 5pm Mon – Fri and weekends.
Responsibilities and Expectations
• Model appropriate behavior and provide leadership for student staff
• Assist with the development and implementation of staff training
• Delegate and follow up with staff to ensure daily duties are being accomplished
• Plan and organize staff scheduling meeting each semester
• Communicate pertinent information to front desk staff via e-mail, text, GroupMe or phone call
• Work with UC Manager and help identify and resolve staff issues
• Be available to mentor new front desk staff
• Foster communication among student employees
• Work with student staff to achieve a high level of customer service
• Monitor Day Shift Logs and Weekly Task Chart
• Assist in staff testing and evaluation processes
• Help recruit and train new student manager
• Update the front desk student staff schedule as needed and the contact list as needed (at the beginning of each semester or when there is a change in student staff).
• Once a month remove extraneous files from the computer.
• Update the UC Resource Manual (front desk manual) as needed
• Keep file folders updated
• Support UC Manager with shift swaps
• Keep back office, supply room and office supply cabinet organized
• Provide event management support as needed
• Work with UC Manager to plan staff activities and recognition throughout the year
• Take the lead in planning events in the UC such as Homecoming, Halloween, Christmas and Valentines
• Recognize employee birthdays
- Must be in good standing with the University
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Dependable and ability to follow-through with tasks
- Willingness to supervise peers
- Effective communication skills, problem solving skills and organization skills
- Have a thorough understanding of the functioning basics behind the operations of the University Center, specifically the Front Desk, Games Area and Events Management
Application can be picked up at University Center Front Desk, see Svea Whiting, Director of University Center Operations or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.