Social Media Ambassador
Social Media Ambassadors assist the Marketing Communications department as they support university communicators telling Western’s story. The Social Media Ambassador team will report to the Social and Digital Media Coordinator to assist with daily social media functions on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+ platforms. Tasks include assisting in content creation and curation, monitoring social media presence with Western affiliated accounts, assessing analytics to measure engagement, etc. This is a writing focused position.
- Understand the ways in which Western and other higher education institutions use social media marketing to engage target audiences, mainly prospective and current students;
- Understand the foundational vocabulary and terminology of social media marketing and social media analytics as well as the technologies involved in order to effectively communicate tactics, strategies and decisions related to social media marketing;
- Critically evaluate a wide variety of commonly used social media and digital marketing tools in order to assess their effectiveness as well as potential risks, limitations and short-comings;
- Analyze social media’s usefulness for universities as a vehicle for facilitating communication and interactions;
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Assist in content creation for official university social media channels including but not limited to taking photos, writing captions, creating graphics, live streaming, account takeovers, etc.
- Attend weekly pitch meetings to discuss ideas and assignments.
- Maintain high level of professionalism and follow all branding guidelines.
- Provide and be open to constructive feedback and actively participate in regular brainstorming.
- Communicate with team about workload and respond to all emails/texts within 24 hours.
- Check Microsoft Planner (project management software) regularly for assignments and meet all deadlines.
- Participate in monthly 1:1 check-in meetings and end of semester performance review.
- Remain accountable and transparent with clocking in/out including keeping a log of all tasks to correspond with hours logged.
- Engage in strategic planning for future of this position.
- Must have excellent writing skills, spelling, and grammar.
- Previous experience in social media, photography, journalism is ideal, but not required.
- Must be eager to be involved on campus, including communicating with various academic departments and/or student organizations.
- Must be able to manage time efficiently to work on strict deadlines and work independently under minimal supervision.
Send Marisa Maudsley an email (email@example.com) stating why you’re interested, with a resume, a writing sample, a photography sample attached; or call to set up an appointment.