Information Desk Staff
The primary purpose of the University Center Information Desk Staff is to provide support to the University Center staff, its residents, students, guests and visitors. It is important that the student staff be familiar with the building, its equipment, policies, programs and day-to-day schedule of events. Familiarity of the campus and surrounding community is also important.
• Serve as the building host, welcoming persons approaching or passing by the Information Desk.
• Provide accurate information as requested by customers at the desk or over the phone.
• Be knowledgeable of Western Colorado University and the campus.
• Be positive and enthusiastic about being a Mountaineer!
• Staff the Information Desk according to the schedule and provide accurate information.
• Understand the policies and procedures of the Information Desk.
• Fulfill the necessary tasks as outlined in the Handbook.
• Review the daily setup worksheet to familiarize yourself with activities in the building.
• Keep the Information Desk area clean and organized.
• Be familiar with the University Center departments, tenants and equipment.
• Open and close the University Center according to the schedule.
• Be attentive to the safety, security and cleanliness of the University Center.
• Do hourly rounds throughout the Center.
• Be familiar with Emergency Procedures.
Expectations of Information Desk Staff
• Maintain a professional appearance and attitude.
• Fulfill the scheduled hours of your shift.
• Clock in and out daily and submit hours for approval in a timely fashion.
• Take Initiative.
Please pick application in person at the University Center Front Desk. Please provide resume and class schedule when turning in application. For questions, contact Svea Whiting at firstname.lastname@example.org