Facility and Membership Attendant/Fitness Center Attendant
The overall goal of the Mountaineer Field House is to provide exceptional customer service, ensure safety, and create a positive and inclusive experience for all participants. Staff will be trained in both positions and be expected to understand and carry out all policies/procedures of that specified area. Staff should expect to rotate between the Fitness Center Attendant (FCA) and Facility and Membership Attendant (FMA) positions throughout the week.
- Member services including membership sales and facility/program information.
- General supervision and risk management of all activities.
- Maintain facility cleanliness by completing cleaning chores.
- Assist with any injury or incidents while on duty and respond to emergency situations as needed.
- Enforce all Campus Recreation rules and procedures (i.e. code of conduct).
- Mandatory attendance at monthly staff training's.
- Provide excellent customer service for all patrons. Strong communication skills are a must.
- Restock inventory and notify the Fitness Center Manager of supply needs.
- Complete basic maintenance procedures and report any maintenance issues to the Fitness Center Manager.
- Be able to explain/demonstrate how to use fitness and strength equipment.
- Provide a professional, welcoming, and inclusive environment for staff, guests, and members.
- Cash handling and reconciliation.
- Other tasks as assigned by MFH professional staff.
- Federal or State work study is preferred. Students without work study will be considered if the right fit.
- Must be a current student at WSCU enrolled in 6+ credits.
- Must be able to lift minimum of 45 lbs.
- Must be CPR/AED and First Aid certified or able to obtain within 3 months from date of hire.
- A positive attitude, passion for serving others, and enthusiasm are required.
Students must complete the Mountaineer Field House Application, the Staff Availability form, and submit a resume to be considered for hire. Please ensure application is typed. Students will be contacted via Western email.
Application and Staff Availability forms can be picked up at the Front Desk or can be emailed by contacting Jessica Thomas, Fitness Center Manager, at email@example.com.