WP Pass and Rental Policies
- Good news for current undergraduate students: The WP Pass is included in your Campus Rec fee! (Unless you opted out.)
- Graduate students, alumni/Western employees and the public can purchase WP Passes for $60/semester. WP Pass holders need to possess a current WP Pass by paying the WP Pass fee ($60/semester) or the Campus Recreation fee at the time of rental.
- WP Pass holders receive free weekend rentals and student pricing any other time.
- WP Pass holders do not receive free weekend rentals on boats (including SUPs), bikes or any skis/splitboards.
- However, WP Pass holders are eligible for a $5 discount off the “Student Price” day rate.
- Rentals are available to community members, Western alumni/employees and Western students.
- A Western ID or valid photo ID is required for all rentals.
- Gear is for personal use only. You may rent for one friend or up to three additional family members at your level of rental pricing.
- WP reserves the right to refuse service to anyone, for any reason, but especially if you are in over your head, intoxicated, aggressive or very impatient. We are a student service run by students; we appreciate your respect and patience.
Return, Late, Damage and Payment Policies
- All rentals must be paid in full at the time of rental.
- Returned gear must stay in the warehouse 24 hours before it can be checked out again.
- Late gear will be charged the published daily rate each day until the gear is returned.
- All equipment that is lost, damaged, dirty or wet will be charged accordingly.
- A deposit of $150 is required for all expedition inflatable packages at the time of reservation.
- All inflatables must be re-inflated and cleaned upon return, before 3 p.m. Please plan your inflatable returns accordingly.
- A minimum fee for damaged inflatables is $150. Damage charges will still be assessed on any items needing repair or replacement. It is your responsibility to note any damage before checking out gear.
- See Example Ski (in WP) for damage fee estimates. All ski and splitboard damages will be assessed on a case-by-case basis by our Ski Tech.
Rental Pricing (without WP Pass)
- Day Rate = same day or overnight until noon the next day.
- Weekend Rate = Thursday at noon through Monday at 1 p.m.
- Week Rate = 4-7 nights. Gear checked out Thursday or Friday is due back Monday by 1 p.m. (Yes, the weekend rate can apply to four nights!) Seven-plus nights are subject to weekend rates and require Director approval.
- Gear checked out Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday is due back Thursday by 1 p.m.
- Public Pricing is 3x the “Student Pricing” rate.
- Western Graduate Student/Alumni/Employee Pricing is 2x the “Student Price" rate.
- Academic or Departmental Pricing is one-half off the “Student Price” rate. Academic/departmental reservations must be arranged in advance by calling our office at 970.943.7051.
- WP Pass Holder Pricing = “Student Price” rate.
- Holidays are always an exception. WP will announce holiday rates the week prior to holidays.