University Center Event Policies and Procedures
The rules of conduct of Western Colorado University will apply. The University Center Director of Operations or authorized personnel shall have the right to order any person in violation of the policies and procedures to leave the building. Security personnel may be used to enforce policies and procedures.
- Scheduled on a first come, first served basis.
- Activity must be confined to designated space.
- Activity must stay within time granted for occupancy and not extended without permission of University Center representative.
- Furniture and equipment property of University Center shall not be removed from space.
- Western Colorado University and the University Center shall not be held responsible for any goods and materials brought in by event planner or outside contractors.
- Individuals, groups and organizations will be held accountable for any damages or losses occurring during or resulting from individual conduct or group activity in the University Center. The amount of assessment will be in terms of actual cost of repair or replacement.
- The University Center Reserves the right to deny any activity or equipment usage that may cause damage to facility.
- Meeting space must be left in the same condition it was found. A cleaning fee of $25/hr. will be assessed for any cleaning/servicing of space beyond standard service.
- Meeting/event may be relocated to another space to facilitate University Center schedule of events.
- Western club, organization or department may be required to assist with any setup/breakdown request outside of standard room layouts.
- No stapling or tacking of linens or decorations to fixtures or furnishings.
- No banners, placards or other materials may be attached to walls, ceilings or floor.
- Glitter and confetti are not permitted
- Candles are not permitted unless fully contained and with permission.
- All personal decorations must be removed immediately following the event. No personal items/equipment shall be left overnight unless permission has been granted and arrangements have been made in advance.
- All meeting spaces are equipped with LCD projector and screen.
- Wireless microphones available in ballroom and theater.
- Additional fee may be assessed for any A/V support beyond standard service provided.
Smoking and Alcohol:
- Smoking is not permitted within 30 feet of building.
- No alcoholic beverages may be consumed, served or sold in the University Center unless provided by Sodexo.
- Event holder must complete Alcohol Request Form and submit to Vice President of Student Affairs for approval.
- Sodexo America, LLC is the exclusive caterer for all events hosted at the University Center.
- Please contact Sodexo at 970.943.2005 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements for catering service.