Leaving the University

Students leaving the university for a semester or longer and plan to return can complete an application for readmission form. Students returning to Western are given the same priority registration as continuing students when applications for readmissions are received by mid-October for spring course registration and mid-March for fall registration. Students should discuss departure plans with their advisor, as well. Contact the Office of the Registrar for more information about this process.

Prior to departure from Western all students should check out by contacting applicable departments. Students who have on-campus housing must contact Residence Life. Students with financial aid should contact the Student Financial Services/Financial Aid Office for exit counseling and should not be registered for courses in a future term. Additionally, contact the Office of Student Affairs to complete an exit interview.