Academic Amnesty

Students who have not attended Western Colorado University for six years or more may, upon returning to Western, petition for academic amnesty. Academic amnesty allows students to count prior credits earned at Western of “C-” and above in meeting total graduation requirements. It also allows students to have a fresh start in their overall grade-point average, as the previous credits attempted at Western will not be used in calculating the overall grade-point average. Petitions by students may be submitted through the Registrar to the Faculty Academic Policies Committee. Students must submit petitions for academic amnesty before the end of their first term of re-entry. Academic Amnesty will be granted to a student only once.