Study Away Fair
Before the Study Away Fair
Before attending the Study Away Fair, we suggest you:
- Visit the study abroad and exchange programs page on Western.edu
- Read about Western's study away partner programs
- Talk to one of Western's Peer Academic Leaders (PALs) in the Exploratory Center (Library 121), some of whom have studied abroad
- Make an appointment with your academic advisor to see how an exchange program could fit into your plan of study
The day of the Study Away Fair
Not sure where to start? Take the following steps to be engaged.
Ask questions- Strike up a conversation with affiliate program representatives and study away alumni who are staffing the tables. They want to talk to you about their experience and get you excited about their program! Don't forget to ask program representative specific questions about:
- What makes their program unique?
- Excursion and recreation opportunities
- The cost of the program
- Scholarship and grant opportunities
- Notable academic programs
- Travel logistics
- Language requirements
Get involved- We want to help you learn as much as you can through participation at the Study Away Fair. While attending, don't forget to:
- Complete the Study Away interest survey
- Check out the upcoming International Education Week events schedule
- Enter the Study Away raffle
- Learn about the Study Away 101 session
- Get passport application and renewal information
- Visit the Study Away alumni table to learn about the experiences of other Western students who have studied abroad
- Grab some Study Away swag
Post-Fair Follow up
After the Study Away Fair, be sure to talk with the Peer Academic Leaders (PALs). Many of the PALs have studied abroad themselves and can answer many of your questions and share their own experience with you.
After you’ve spoken to a PAL, stop by the ARC and make an appointment with Mikay Elliott (email@example.com, 970.943.7056), the Study Away Coordinator. She will guide you through the application process, help you find funding opportunities, explain the transfer pre-approval process for course credit and answer any questions you may have.