Study Abroad & Exchange Programs
Aside from taking advantage of the opportunity to travel and live in a new place, participating in an exchange program can provide you with the experiences to achieve your personal, professional and academic goals. You will meet new people, learn about yourself and develop skills which are essential for your success post-graduation.
Western students have studied in Argentina, Costa Rica, the Czech Republic, England, France, Greece, Harlaxton, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Japan, New Zealand, Russia, Thailand and all throughout the United States and Canada. Where will you go?
All credits transfer back to Western when a student studies with an affiliate provider. Courses can be taken abroad that will fill major and minor requirements as well. Students have access to financial aid, loans or scholarships they are receiving through Western when studying with an affiliate provider.
- Have at least a 2.5 GPA
- Be a degree-seeking student
- Have completed 24 credit hours at Western
- Be enrolled full-time the semester before participating
- Be in good standing with Student Affairs
- Visit affiliate provider websites.
- Meet with Mikay Elliott, Western’s Study Abroad Coordinator.
- Apply for a passport if you don’t have one.
- Talk with your academic advisor about timing, credit transfer and program type.
- Apply for the program (best if you apply at least one semester before).
- Meet with Western's Exchange Program Financial Aid Advisor to discuss payment options.
- Submit a Transfer Pre-Approval Form to the Registrar.