Phone: 970.943.2616 (Available 8-5 p.m., Monday-Friday)
After Hours: 970.209.8798
What does CARE need to know?
Providing as much information as possible is essential!
- Student, faculty or staff member’s name and ID number (if known). - Brief factual description of the incident or behavior.
- Direct quotes whenever possible.
- Where and when the incident or behavior occurred.
- Names and contact information of witnesses.
- Your name, position and complete contact information (optional).
- Include all emails or other information you have.
- Always save voice recordings, text messages and emails on the device that received them.
Is someone you know...
experiencing a decline in work or academic performance?
demonstrating disruptive or disturbing behavior?
showing dramatic changes in appearance, behavior or weight?
having problems at home, with classes or work?
making disturbing comments in conversation, email, letters, social media postings or papers?
sad, anxious or experiencing dramatic mood shifts?
abusing alcohol or drugs?
isolating themselves socially?
acting paranoid or suspicious?
frequently angry or easily frustrated?
struggling with health problems?
These behaviors, especially when more than one are present, may be signs that a student, faculty member or staff member is in distress.
There are many resources available at Western to help.
Your confidential report to Western's Campus Assessment, Response and Evaluation (CARE) Team can make a difference.