Student Government Association
The Student Government Association (SGA) acts as the official voice of the Associated Student Body and protects the rights and privileges of the student body. The SGA is responsible for the allocation of more than $350,000 in student fees. Please feel free to review the Constitution and By-Laws and provide feedback.
SGA encourages all students to attend the General Assembly meetings. For the 2020-21 academic year, these meetings will be hosted in the University Center South Conference Room or via Zoom on Wednesdays at 7 p.m. (Please email SGA@western.edu for a link that will allow you to virtually attend).
2020-21 SGA General Assembly
- President: Miriam Olvera
- Vice President for External Affairs: Hannah White
- Vice President for Internal Affairs: Megan Walton
- Treasurer: Madison Patton
- Campus Recreation Ambassador: Shawna Dieckmann
- Council for Creative Expression Director: Nia Morales
- Inter Club Council Director: Megan Teel
- LEAD Ambassador: Olivia Murphy-Welconish
- Multicultural Center Director: Gabriel Portis
- NCAA Athletics Director: Jackson Ehrlin
- Program Council Director: Erin Mullholland
- Residence Life Ambassador: Angel De La Cruz Ramirez
- Sustainability Ambassador: Amy Haeseler
- EPIC Mentor Ambassador: Emily Eads
- Senate Chair: To be announced
- Mackenzie Burt
- Allison D’Ercole
- Saydie Ferris
- Eric Fike
- Laisha Flores
- Audrey Mosher
- Axel Nay
- Kaleb Pedrie
- Laine Piggott
- Paige Rumery
- Kali Stier
- Rosalinda Van Dyke
Student Government Association funds bills based on the following criteria:
- A direct connection to the student body must be evident by a student representative of the bill.
- Evidence of lasting impact on campus, be that within a club, the student body or the school overall. The participating students should experience a benefit that will promote their individual growth.
- The bill must align with the missions of the requesting entity and Western.
- The purpose of the money must be an example of responsible spending.
Interested in SGA funding?
If you are interested in funding for programs, please fill out the SGA Bill Allocation Form so a bill can be written by an SGA Senator. Bills will be first presented at the SGA Advisory Meeting and then voted on by the SGA Senate.
Please email us if you would like to see the SGA Constitution, By-Laws or Western's Institutional Plan for Student Fees.
If you have exceeded your 600-page printing allotment for the semester, fill out our Printing Request Form and contact a member about attending our next meeting to petition for more pages.