Student Government Association
The Student Government Association (SGA) acts as the official voice of the Associated Student Body and protects the rights and privileges of the student body. The SGA is responsible for the allocation of more than $350,000 in student fees. Please feel free to review the Constitution and By-Laws and provide feedback.
SGA encourages all students to attend the General Assembly meetings. For the rest of the 2019-20 academic year, these meetings will be hosted via Zoom on Wednesdays at 7 p.m. Please email SGA@western.edu for a link that will allow you to virtually attend
2019-20 SGA General Assembly
- President: Elizabeth Currie
- Vice President for External Affairs: Adam Engleman
- Vice President for Internal Affairs: Miriam Olvera
- Treasurer: Calvin Moore
- Secretary: Hannah White
- Campus Recreation Ambassador: Jakob Faison
- Council for Creative Expression Director: Shane Sides
- Inter Club Council Director: Greg Selinger
- LEAD Ambassador: Logan Ramsay
- Multicultural Center Director: Connie Maxwell-Ackers
- NCAA Athletics Director: Jessica Cusick
- Program Council Director: Erin Mulholland
- Residence Life Ambassador: Haily Parker
- Residence Life Ambassador: Jonathan Kloke
- Sustainability Ambassador: Jacob Taylor
- Sustainability Ambassador-proxy: Brett McIlmail
- Senate chair: Jackson Piggott
- Karen Aranda
- Taylor Bess
- Carlos Lerma
- Megan Walton
- Mike Lee
- Angel De La Cruz-Ramirez
- Kaleb Pedrie
- Madison Patton
- Paige Rumery
- Jordyn Jimenez
- Laine Piggott
- Mable Hagans
Student Government Association funds bills based on the following criteria:
- A direct connection to the student body must be evident by a student representative of the bill.
- Evidence of lasting impact on campus, be that within a club, the student body or the school overall. The participating students should experience a benefit that will promote their individual growth.
- The bill must align with the missions of the requesting entity and Western.
- The purpose of the money must be an example of responsible spending.
Interested in SGA funding?
If you are interested in funding for programs, please fill out the SGA Bill Allocation Form so a bill can be written by an SGA Senator. Bills will be first presented at the SGA Advisory Meeting and then voted on by the SGA Senate.
Please email us if you would like to see the SGA Constitution, By-Laws or Western's Institutional Plan for Student Fees.
If you have exceeded your 600-page printing allotment for the semester, fill out our Printing Request Form and contact a member about attending our next meeting to petition for more pages.