Student Government Association
The Student Government Association (SGA) acts as the official voice of the Associated Student Body and protects the rights and privileges of the student body. The SGA is responsible for the allocation of more than $350,000 in student fees. Please feel free to review the Constitution and By-Laws and provide feedback.
We encourage all students to come to meetings Wednesdays at 7 p.m. in the University Center South Conference Room.
2018-19 SGA General Assembly
- President: Lauren Hopp
- Vice President for External Affairs: Max Oldham
- Vice President for Internal Affairs: Carlos Lerma
- Treasurer: Taylor Sumners
- Secretary: Miriam Olvera
- Campus Recreation Director: Mackenzie Bode
- Council for Creative Expression Director: Christian Saez
- Inter Club Council Director: Delaney Pitman
- LEAD Ambassador: Snow Patchett
- Multicultural Center Director: Jorge Zarate
- NCAA Athletics Director: Jessica Cusick
- Program Council Director: Chris Doucet
- Residence Life Ambassador:
- Sustainability Ambassador: Maria Agazio
- Wilderness Pursuits and Mountain Rescue Team Ambassador: Austin Stryker
- Chair: Erik Hillman
- Taylor Bess
- Elizabeth Currie
- Adam Engleman
- David Hopp
- Sam Lewis
- Calvin Moore
- Jackson Piggot
- Logan Ramsay
- Greg Selinger
- Jake Taylor
- Megan Walton
- Hannah White
Student Government Association funds bills based on the following criteria:
- A direct connection to the student body must be evident by a student representative of the bill.
- Evidence of lasting impact on campus, be that within a club, the student body or the school overall. The participating students should experience a benefit that will promote their individual growth.
- The bill must align with the missions of the requesting entity and Western.
- The purpose of the money must be an example of responsible spending.
Interested in SGA funding?
If you are interested in funding for programs, please fill out the SGA Bill Allocation Form so a bill can be written by an SGA Senator. Bills will be first presented at the SGA Advisory Meeting and then voted on by the SGA Senate.
SGA 2018-19 Bills
- Bill #1: $10,000-Safe Ride
- Bill #2: $2025-Wilderness Pursuits Public Lands Celebration Concert
- Bill #3: $1600-Fall Day of Service
- Bill #4: $150-Burley Gurley Cookout
- Bill #5: $235-Omicron Delta Kappa Pop-Up Pantry
- Bill #6: $600-ICE Project Start Up Weekend
- Bill #7: $1500-Black Student Alliance Conference
- Bill #8: $1200-ROE Climbing Wall Competition & Reel Rock Film
- Bill #9: $2500-Model UN
- Bill #10: $750-Honors Conference
- Bill #11: $1000-MLK Day of Service
- Bill #12: $500-Rails n' Jam
- Bill #13: $1500-Nordic Ski Team World University Games
- Bill #14: $300-Skimo Cosmic Race (Jacob Dewey)
- Bill #15: $50-Whitewater Club-Monarch’s Kayaks on Snow
- Bill #16: $900-Undergraduate Research Scholars Conference
- Bill #17: $372-Sigma Tau Delta Conference
- Bill #18: $425-Pi Sigma Epsilon
- Bill #19: $190-Capstone-History of Recreation
Please email us if you would like to see the SGA Constitution, By-Laws or Western's Institutional Plan for Student Fees.
If you have exceeded your 600-page printing allotment for the semester, fill out our Printing Request Form and contact a member about attending our next meeting to petition for more pages.