In accomplishing its mission, the Office of Sponsored Programs:
- Provides assistance to the principal investigator (PI) or project director (PD) with interpretation of policies, regulations and guidelines applicable to particular projects.
- Assists in locating potential funders, sponsors and partners.
- Procures any necessary Requests for Proposals (RFP’s), guidelines and application forms.
- Advises in the preparation of proposals, including: standard forms to be completed; compliance; assurance forms; institutional data; budget preparation; indirect costs; and evaluation.
- Partners in program design and development by providing editorial services, reviewing draft proposals and budgets to ensure compliance with university regulations and agency policies,
- Provides strategic advice on internal and external review procedures and promotes timely and positive sponsor interaction.
- Ensures seamless research administration from proposal development through timely award closeout.
- Maintains a grants data base of all Western grant activity.
- As the Authorized Organization Representative (AOR), submits all hard copy and electronically submitted grants via Fastlane and Grants.gov. and provides re-submittal support.
- Assists in the procurement of funds from the Indirect Cost Incentive Fund.