- Must be a junior or senior member of the Western Men's or Women's Intercolligiate Basketball or Volleyball team
- Must demonstrate leadership both on and off the court
- Must maintain a 3.0 GPA or higher
- Must maintain a well-rounded educational experience
- Extracurricular involvement (outside intercollegiate athletics) will be considered
Established to perpetuate the memory of Brian L. Kiefer who was an outstanding example of leadership, academic achievement and Intercollegiate Athletic ability. To recognize outstanding scholarship, citizenship and Intercollegiate Athletic ability, and to encourage students to continue their education at Western.
$750 per semester
Applicants must reapply and show they have maintained the required eligibility in order to receive the scholarship for the second semester. The recipient shall have his name inscribed on the Brian L. Kiefer plaque displayed in Paul Wright Gymnasium.
Selected by: Donor Scholarship Committee.
Nomination by the head coaches of eligible sport programs listed above.
Contact the Intercollegiate Athletics Department for additional information.
970.943.2079 | Paul Wright Gym 210