- High school, transfer, or Western Colorado University 3.5 GPA (minimum)
- For high school students must have an accompanying score of 25+ ACT/ 1100+ SAT
- Demonstrate leadership qualities or experience
$4000 to a freshman, sophomore, junior and senior Western student (one scholarship per class). Students can be resident or non-resident students.
The Scholarship is renewable for non-seniors:
- Must maintain a 3.5 grade point average;
- Must contribute their leadership abilities as a student;
- Must submit a brief letter outlining these accomplishments;
- Must maintain status as a full-time student.
- Send a cover letter and resume citing your qualifications and accomplishments.
- Make sure to include your Western student identification number in your application.
- At least two letters of recommendation.
- Official copy of your most recent educational transcript. Incoming Freshmen, this is a HIGHLY competitive scholarship, please note if your school does not provide advanced courses (AP, Honors, IB, dual credit, etc.)
- Document ACT or SAT scores if not listed on transcript.
- Any other documentation that would be helpful in evaluating you as a candidate for this Scholarship.
- Use staples or paper clips only, NO binders. Use staples or paper clips only.
Applications must be received by Jan. 19, 2019 and should be submitted to:
Western Colorado University Foundation, Inc.
THE FOUNDATION SCHOLARS PROGRAM
P.O. Box 1264
Gunnison, CO 81230