- Applied or accepted Western student
- Student is pursuing a major in Mathematics or related Natural Sciences
- Applicant has demonstrated a need for financial assistance
- Demonstrated an interest and is active in inter-collegiate athletics
- Preference should be given to entering freshmen, however all classes are eligible
- Preference should be given to applicants whose study time is limited by family obligations or the need to earn income
- No preference shall be given based on the sex of the applicant
- Preference will be given to applicant from Delta County, CO. or the Western Slope of Colorado
Established with the Western Colorado University Foundation to perpetuate the memory of William Charlesworth, a 1954 graduate of Western Colorado University. The express purpose of the fund is to provide financial assistance to student-athletes pursuing majors in mathematics or related natural sciences.
Award depends on funds available.
Selected By: The chair of Mathematics and Computer Science and a representative from the Athletic Department appointed by the Athletic Director. A representative from the Natural Sciences Department shall be on the selection committee.
Contact the Mathematics & Computer Science Department or the Athletic Department for application and deadline information.
Mathematics & Computer Science Department: 970.943.2015 | Hurst Hall 128
Athletic Department: 970.943.2079 | Paul Wright Gym 201.