Two-Year Live-On Policy
Positive Outcomes of the Western's Two-Year Live-On Policy
- Retention: Students have greater expectations for their academic achievement and are more likely to remain in college.
- Extracurricular involvement: Students are more involved in campus activities. They learn to work with others, manage budgets, express their ideas in meetings, negotiate with others and follow through with projects.
- Positive feelings about campus social climate: Students feel that the campus is more comfortable, academic, supportive and enjoyable.
- Personal growth and development: Students meet more challenges, mature more quickly and learn to become interdependent.
- Interpersonal relationships: Students build strong friendships and share more experiences. They interact more, develop more tolerance and experience more cultural diversity.
- Faculty interaction: Students have more contacts with faculty due to closer proximity to faculty offices.
Students who meet specific criteria may appeal to live off campus. For more information, visit our On-Campus Housing Appeals page.