Discover Your MyWestern Account
- Activate your MyWestern account using your Student ID (stu######). You Student ID number will be your username.
- Your password will come to you in a separate email once you start the activation process.
- Once activated, you can go to the Western Current Students page to access financial aid information, check your student email and learn more about class registration.
- Information on how to access your credit evaluation will be emailed to you from Registration Services.
- Evaluations are typically emailed one to two weeks after you receive your acceptance.
Secure Your Financial Aid
- Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at fafsa.ed.gov. Western’s school code is 001372.
- Check the status of your financial aid and scholarships and accept/modify/decline student loans through your MyWestern Account. Financial Aid applications for 2016 start January 1, 2016.
- Visit Western's Financial Aid Tools page for additional Financial Aid resources.
Submit Your Residence Life Materials
- There are three steps:
1. Visit housing.western.edu, to complete the housing applications and lifestyle-preference questionnaire. This questionnaire can be filled out starting April 5 for Fall 2016 students.
2. Pay the $100 housing deposit through your MyWestern account by selecting Student & Financial Aid Menu > Pay Bill or Tuition/Housing Deposit > Items for Purchase, Housing Deposit. You may also pay your deposit by check (payable to "Western State Colorado University"), or credit card by contacting the Cashier's Office at 970.943.3003.
3. Select your room by visiting housing.western.edu, beginning April 26.
Confirm Your Enrollment
- Once you’ve made your decision to attend Western, you may confirm your enrollment and reserve your spot in the in-coming class by submitting your $200 tuition deposit. You will need to submit your deposit before you can register for classes. You can submit your deposit through your MyWestern account by selecting Student & Financial Aid Menu > Pay Bill or Tuition/Housing Deposit > Items for Purchase, Tuition Deposit. You may also pay your deposit by check (payable to "Western State Colorado University"), or credit card by contacting the Cashier's Office at 970.943.3003.
- Note: Tuition deposits are only necessary for your first semester at Western.
Register For Classes
- For details and registration instructions, please visit the Academic Resource Center’s website. Class registration for new transfer students will begin:
- Fall Admits: May 2, 2016
- Summer Admits: February 29, 2016
- The first step to register for classes is to take a 30-45 minute survey. Once you complete the survey, the Academic Resource Center (ARC) will contact you with your class schedule within five (5) business days. Check your Western email as this is where your schedule will be sent. Remember, classes do fill up, so please complete the survey as soon as possible once new student registration is open.
- If you are planning to request disability-related accommodations and/or services, please complete the Disability Services Request Form online. If you have any questions about services or the process, please contact Disability Services at 970.943.7056.
Complete Think About It Course
- In July you will receive an email (to your Western email address) from Campus Clarity with a link to an online program called "Think About It." This is a required online course that examines the issues of drug and alcohol abuse and sexual harassment, which occur on university campuses daily. You will not be able to receive your Mountaineer ID Card without having completed the course, so it is important that you set aside time to complete the program.
Get Ready For Orientation
- New Student Orientation is required for all new students to Western. All transfer students will attend Orientation. Students will be automatically signed up for this program when they are registered for classes and will receive a confirmation email with additional details. Learn more about the program on the New Student Orientation page.
- Western also offers optional Wilderness Based Orientation (WBO) trips before the regular fall Orientation. Registration for WBO begins June 1, 2016 through your MyWestern Account. For more information, check out the Wilderness Based Orientation Website.
- Learn more about orientation at www.western.edu/orientation.
Send Immunization and Selective Service Records
- These forms will be emailed to you after you register for classes. Colorado law requires students to show proof of immunity against measles, mumps, and rubella. At a minimum, students must have completed the first MMR immunization before classes begin. Medical and religious exemptions are allowed. Students who plan to reside in on-campus housing may also want to consider receiving the meningococcal vaccine. If you live on-campus proof of meningococcal vaccine or waiver is required.
- You can find the forms under Student Affairs.
- Forms can be faxed to 970.943.2254, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed to Student Affairs, Taylor Hall 301, Gunnison, CO 81231.
- If immunization records are not completed by registration for your second semester, a hold will be placed on your account and you will not be able to register.
- Missing items will appear on your checklist when you log into MyWestern.
Submit Your Final Official College Transcripts
- You must send your final official college transcripts to the Admissions Office so a final transfer credit evaluation can be completed.
Get Your Books
- Sign up for the Books-To-Go Program at bookstore.western.edu or pick up all your books during your first week of classes at Western's Bookstore located in the University Center.
Pay Your Tuition Bill
- You will receive a paper billing statement by mail.
- Payment is due in full on or before the first day of classes unless you set up a W-Pay Payment Plan.
- Pay your bill and enroll in e-Refund online through your Inside Western Account.
- Colorado resident students: authorize your COF stipend through your MyWestern Account.
- Contact the Cashier’s Office with questions on your billing statement.
Move On To Campus
- Incoming transfer students will be able to move into their residence hall on:
- Fall 2016 admits - August 19
- Fall semester: Monday, August 22, 2016
- Summer semester:
Session: Start Date: End Date: May Semester May 9, 2016 May 27, 2016 10 Week Session May 31, 2016 August 5, 2016 1st 5 Week May 31, 2016 July 1, 2016 2nd 5 Week July 5, 2016 August 5, 2016
Other items to consider
- If you are planning to request disability-related accommodations and/or services, please complete the Disability Services Request Form.
- Contact the Academic Resource Center at 970.943.7056 with any questions about this process.
- All official college transcripts, and/or AP or IB scores must be sent to the Admissions Office in order to receive credit.
- You will receive a formal evaluation of these credits via email three to four weeks after submitting them to Western.
- Have these official documents sent to: Admissions Office, 600 North Adams Street, Gunnison, CO 81231. Or you can email them to email@example.com.
- Note: You will not be able to register for classes until ALL official transcripts have been received and a transfer evaluation has been completed.
- All high achieving and motivated students are welcome to join the Honors Program. Students with a 3.5 GPA or above will receive a formal invitation.
- This is a 21 credit program that works with your major and minor to create an experience where students develop various social and academic skills.
- For more information on this program, contact the Honors Director, Heather Thiessen-Reily, at 970.943.7128 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Western on Facebook
- To join the Facebook app exclusively for current and prospective Western students, log on to your Western Email Account to find your personal invitation.
Westerners in Transition (WIT)
- The WIT program provides additional services for adult learners and non-traditional students.
- For more information, check out the WIT page or contact the WIT Director, Jessica Vogan, at 970.943.2891.
Important Phone Numbers
|Academic Resource Center||970.943.7056|
|Residence Life Office||970.943.2101|
|Student Affairs Office||970.943.2011|