Peter H. Gauss, Ph.D.
Professor of Biology
- Biological Principles
- Cell and Genetics Laboratory
- Molecular Biology/Biochemistry
- Microbes and Man
- Senior Seminar
- Special topics
My research area includes studies in microbiology, molecular genetics of procaryotic gene expression and DNA replication.
I direct student research in the molecular genetics of a variety of microbes including fungi, bacteria and their viruses. When not in my office, I can often be found fly-fishing on the banks of local streams and rivers.
Student Research Projects Supervised
- The rII genes of bacteriophage RB69
- The role of the ren gene of bacteriophage
- Pyocins of Pseudomonas fluorescence field isolates