Saturday, Jan. 11, at 1 p.m., University Center Ballroom
- Spring Orientation is required for all new students entering Western for Spring Semester, you are automatically signed up when you register for classes.
- The cost of attending the program, $50, is applied directly to your student account.
- Please note: New students may also move into their assigned residence hall from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 11.
What Will You Do During Orientation?
- Learn about how to be academically successful.
- Learn how to access MyWestern, your portal to all campus information and Western email.
- Learn about unique clubs and organizations on campus.
- Hear from Financial Aid.
- Explore majors and career opportunities.
- Learn about recreational opportunities in the Gunnison and Crested Butte areas.
- Get your Mountaineer Card, your official student ID which gives you access to the library, dining hall, fitness center and athletic events. Please bring an alternate ID, like a driver's license, to show the staff.
- Submit Immunization Records and Selective Service Registration. You should receive these materials along with your Orientation confirmation letter. All students must comply with immunization and selective service policies. For specific information, contact the Student Affairs Office at 970.943.2090.
Before Your Orientation
Registration for Classes
Please register for classes before you attend Orientation: registration and course information.
EVERFI-Student Wellness Education
- All new students are required to take the EVERFI student health & wellness courses before orientation.These required courses address critical life skills, such as making healthy choices outside of the classroom, reflecting on your knowledge, attitudes, and experiences related to these issues and supporting your peers when faced with tough decisions. You will not be able to receive your Mountaineer ID Card without having completed the course, so it is important that you set aside time to complete the program before arriving on campus.
Secure Your Financing
- Submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by visiting www.fafsa.ed.gov. Your Financial Aid Award Letter should reach you six to eight weeks after completing your FAFSA and any other required paperwork. If you have any questions, please contact Financial Aid at 970.943.3085.
- For Colorado Residents: Register for the College Opportunity Fund (COF) stipend. This stipend will apply to your account each semester you register for classes and lower your tuition bill. Note: This is a one time application that will require your Social Security number, legal name and date of birth.
Reserve Your Housing and Meal Plan
- Pay the $250 housing deposit through your MyWestern account by selecting Student & Financial Aid Menu > Pay Bill or Tuition/Housing Deposit > Items for Purchase, Housing Deposit. You may also pay your deposit by check or credit card by contacting the Cashier's Office at 970.943.3003.
- Visit housing.western.edu to complete the housing contract and lifestyle questionnaire. This will open in November.
- For questions on the housing process, contact the Residence Life office at 970.943.2101 or firstname.lastname@example.org.