New Hire Onboarding
New Hire Onboarding
Welcome to Western! This page contains information to assist a newly hired employees in completing the initial documents necessary to begin work and for us to begin employee set-up in Western’s computer systems.
Upon Acceptance of Western's offer of Employment:
- Please email email@example.com with your name, email address, phone number, your new job title, and your start date.
- Once we have your email address, LaDonna Garcia, our Benefits Administrator, will contact you to schedule an orientation on or before your third day of employment. Temporary employees, and/or those working less than half time, will only need to schedule about 20-30 minutes. Benefits-eligible new employees will need a couple hours for orientation and may be scheduled in groups.
- An HR staff member at Western will email you a link to a shared OneDrive folder. The folder will contain fillable forms for you to complete and upload to the OneDrive folder. IMPORTANT: complete and upload these forms as soon as you are able after offer acceptance. The folder will contain:
- New Hire Information form
- Criminal Background Check Package (policy, acknowledgement, and consent)
- Page 1 of the I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification form
- W-4 Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate
- Voluntary Self Identification of Disability
- Voluntary Invitation to Self-Identify: Protected Veteran
ALTERNATIVELY, completed paper versions of the forms may be returned to Western’s Human Resources office as follows:
Mail: 1 Western Way, Taylor Hall 321, Gunnison, CO 81231
What to Bring with you to the HR Orientation
ALL EMPLOYEES are required to complete a Form I-9 no later than their first day of work and within 3 days present original documents for inspection and copying which prove their 1) identify and 2) work eligibility. You may choose to present any document from “List A” below which satisfies both requirements, or a document from “List B” for identity along with a document from “List C” for work eligibility. DO NOT MAIL OR SEND SCANNED COPIES, as these documents must be physically examined by HR staff within three days of your first day of work.
- (all documents must be unexpired)
FOR INSURANCE: If you intend to add family members to your insurance, you must provide documents verifying their eligibility for participation. It is advisable to begin collecting these documents before you attend your new employee orientation session.
Names, birth dates, social security numbers, & addresses of dependents for insurance and for your life insurance beneficiaries. This will help you to complete the enrollment forms.
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact LaDonna Garcia at: 970.943.2152 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org