LEAD: Leadership, Engagement and Development
Western Has Involvement Opportunities For You...
Leadership and service opportunities at Western encourage the development of student leadership potential and help provide future leadership for Western State Colorado University and the Gunnison community. Our objectives include:
- To help connect Western students with their campus and community, based on YOUR interests.
- To gain knowledge of self as a person and as a leader.
- To identify and discuss opportunities for leadership at Western State Colorado University, and to utilize college resources as a "learning laboratory" for leadership development.
- To better understand leadership communication.
- To better understand the process of change and goal attainment.
- To explore how diversity offers opportunities and challenges for leaders of the future.
- To help serve the campus and local community
The LEAD Office also maintains support for annual programs such as New Student Orientation, Senior Reception, Family Weekend, Week of Welcome and Community Clean-up, as well as promoting other service learning opportunities.