How to become a DJ
Want to be a DJ?
- Contact our trainer Rachael Stubbs to start.
- Take a tour of the station, receive the official KWSB Training Handbook.
- Sit in on a manager's show.
- Take the DJ test.
- Record a "sim show."
- Live broadcast with a manager sitting in.
- You're a DJ!
If you want to join the management side of KWSB, contact our station manager Grace Flynn.
As a member of the KWSB team, you can:
- Play music live on-air.
- Deliver announcements to the community.
- Produce stingers, PSAs, underwriting spots, shows.
- Write and deliver news.
- Review new music.
- Promote the station on campus and in the community.
- Broadcast Western athletic events (football, women’s and men’s basketball).
Want to be a sports broadcaster?
We broadcast Western's Football, Women's Basketball and Men's Basketball. If you are interested in being a sports broadcaster or want assist in the studio during broadcasts, contact Sports Director Jimmy Palato.
Below you can find a PDF copy of KWSB's handbook for the 2018-19 year, which contains guidelines for DJs as well as other station policies.