KWSB 91.1 FM
Welcome to KWSB 91.1 FM! Tune in.
KWSB is a noncommercial educational (NCE) station licensed by the Federal Communications Commission to the Trustees of Western Colorado University. Students operate and manage the station and program it to serve the student body of Western, the community of Gunnison and the broader internet audience.
KWSB is a member of the Colorado Broadcasters Association. Every year, KWSB competes with other members of the CBA in small-market for awards in various areas. KWSB also has memberships in the Intercollegiate Broadcasting Association and the College Broadcasting Association.
On Jan. 26, 2018, KWSB celebrated its 50th anniversary! Western's student-run FM station hit the air waives on Jan. 26, 1968, and has never stopped broadcasting aside from technical repairs.
Rules for Logo Design Contest
- All submitted material becomes the property of KWSB 91.1 FM, to be used freely by KWSB indefinitely and without permission or credit to the artist.
- The deadline for submissions is Feb. 7, 2019. Entries submitted after the deadline will not be considered for the contest but still remain the property of KWSB 91.1 FM, to be used freely by KWSB indefinitely and without permission or credit to the artist.
- The process for entering submissions is to email Promotions Director, Dana Potts at email@example.com with your logo.
- All submissions need to be of large size (5" x 5") .pdf and .jpg/.png formats. It is also preferable a vector file (.eps) of the design be submitted, but not required.
- Do not use the formally accepted Western "W" in the design.
- If you use the name of our university, only use the terms "Western" or "Western Colorado University". No acronyms and no use of "State" in the design.
- All submitted work needs to be original. Avoid using any existing, copyrighted material in the design.
- Refrain from using obscene or profane material.
- If a mascot is used, it must be a penguin.
- If a slogan is used, it must be "keeping the coldest valley hot."
- By submitting an entry for this contest, the submitter agrees to these terms.