Friday, Oct. 5
- 8:30 a.m. | Homecoming Golf Outing Registration begins at 8:30 a.m., Shotgun start at 10 a.m. for a “modified ” four person scramble. The $75 entry fee includes lunch, cart, range balls, tee prizes and awards.
- 2-4 p.m | Alumni Open House– Stop by the Alumni Center now located in the Aspinall-Wilson Center. Check out old yearbooks, chat with friends, and make sure your alumni contact info is up-to-date. Light refreshments will be provided.
- 2-3 p.m. | Campus Tour - Meet at the Welcome Center main desk. So many changes over the past decade…Check out Western’s “new” campus.
- 3:30-5:30 p.m. | KWSB studio open house
- 5:30-6:30 p.m. | Homecoming Parade on Main Street. Alumni groups are encouraged to put together their own float for the parade. Let’s show the students how it’s done!
- 7 p.m. |Homecoming Kick-Off Celebration and the traditional lighting of the “W” at the Borick Business Building. We’ll have the lighting of the “W” at 8 p.m.
- 9 p.m. | Homecoming Bonfire at the Mountaineer Bowl Parking lot
Saturday, Oct. 6
- 8 a.m. | Mountaineer 5K Check-in opens at 7 a.m., race begins at 8 a.m. Register online. Day-of registration closes at 7:45 a.m. Cost: $25 for adults, $10 for students/youth. Cost includes a ticket to the football game, t-shirt, and post-race refreshments.
- 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. | KWSB studio tours
- 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. | Bookstore promotion Grab a free t-shirt for every $100 spent at the bookstore.
- 10:30-11:30 a.m. | AAE 20 Year Reunion at The Overlook Café – Join former recipients of the Alumni Award of Excellence as we celebrate 20+ years of Western most prestigious recognition for graduation seniors. The event is free and a cash bar will be serving up Mimosas and Bloody Marys, and more.
- 11 a.m. | Campus Tour Meet at the Welcome Center main desk. So many changes over the past decade! Check out Western’s “new” campus.
- 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. | Men’s & Women’s Basketball Tailgate at the Paul Wright Gym Parking lot
- 11 a.m. | Women's Rugby vs Fort Lewis at Whipp Rugby Field
- 11 a.m. |Women's Club Soccer vs Wyoming at Gateway Field
- 11 a.m. | Student-only tailgate above the University Center. Free food and beverages provided, including up to two beers for those 21+.
- 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. | Alumni Tailgate in the Mountaineer Bowl VIP Area. Come support the Mountain Sports program, including the ski teams here at Western. Your ticket will help current student-athletes perform at a high level in the sports of Alpine Ski Racing, Nordic Ski Racing, Big Mountain Freeride, Mountain Bike Racing and Trail Running. Go Western! Tickets - $30 Adult, $15 Kid. Tickets include food, a drink, and ticket to the football game.
- 12-1 p.m. | KWSB Tailgate in the Paul Wright Gym parking lot.
- 1 p.m. | Football Game at the Mountaineer Bowl, Western vs. Colorado School of Mines
- 1 p.m. | Men's Rugby Alumni Game at Whipp Rugby Field. Watch the alumni ruggers take on the current student team.
- 5-11 p.m. | KWSB Dinner & Dance at the Elk Lodge. All alumni and community are invited. Join us for Mario's dinner and drinks followed by live band entertainment. Tickets are $25 for adults and $15 for kids (12 & under). If you want to skip dinner, tickets are available for $10 for entry after 8 p.m. You can get tickets to the KWSB 50th Anniversary celebration event and KWSB swag online.
- 7 p.m. | Second Annual Homecoming Concert at the IBar Ranch. Gates open at 6:30 p.m. music begins at 7 p.m. The show features 80's cover band "The Goonies.” Proceeds benefit Western Cross Country and Track teams. Athletes will be selling $20 tickets on campus, or you can purchase them online.
Sunday, Oct. 7
- 10:30 a.m. | Day of Service Student Affairs will be hosting a Day of Service, starting at 10:30 a.m. at l.O.O.F. park (beside Twisted Fork). You will help a local nonprofits by offering your time and hands. Music and a barbecue at I.O.O.F. park will follow at 2 p.m., when service projects are completed. Show up prepared to serve or preregister here.
- 1 p.m.| Women's Club Soccer vs Mesa at Whipp Rugby Field