Transferring to Western
- Complete and submit Western’s Online Application
- Request your official transcripts from each institution attended to be sent to Western
-Official college or university transcripts can only be mailed directly from the institution or delivered through a secure online service (Parchment, e-SCRIP, etc.)
- If you have less than 24 credit hours* completed at the time of application, you must request your official high school transcript and ACT/SAT test scores to be sent to Western
*Dual enrollment, concurrent enrollment, AP/IB credits taken during high school are not counted in this total.
- Submit the $30 application fee (can be paid online with the application or with the Cashier's Office at 970.943.3003)
If you are submitting an application through the Common Application, self-reported information on the Common Application must be verified by official college and/or high school transcript(s) and ACT and/or SAT scores for a student to be considered for admission at Western. Please arrange to have these official documents sent to Western’s Admissions Office.
Optional (If you feel your application may need extra support):
- An admissions essay
- A personal statement
- Letters of recommendation
- A resume
- An interview (if required by department)
Keep in mind:
Entering transfer students are admitted with the expectation that they will benefit from the educational experiences provided by Western State Colorado University. Student's applications will be assessed for:
- Evidence of academic progression
- Rigor of college-level courses
- Evidence of leadership
- Life experience affecting student's overall academic record
All of the listed criteria will be taken into consideration but may not affect the final admission decision if the student is not academically prepared for admission into a university setting.
Please submit application materials to:Western State Colorado University
600 N. Adams Street
Gunnison, CO 81231
Fax: (970) 943-2363
Phone: (800) 876-5309 or (970) 943-2119
Western is on a rolling admission cycle. We accept applications throughout the year until our class is full. However we recommend that transfer students apply before the following date so that they are as prepared as possible for the upcoming academic year.
- November 1, 2017 for Spring 2018 applicants
- March 1, 2018 for Fall 2018 applicants
You may check the status of your application anytime by using your self-service application portal. Typically, you will receive your admission decision 2-3 weeks after we have received all of your application materials. The transfer credit evaluation takes 3-4 weeks after being admitted to Western. Contact an admissions counselor for more information.