Student Consumer Information

Prospective and current students can find below certain consumer information about Western Colorado University—as well as contact information—in accordance with the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008.

Academic Programs

Visit to search 100-plus areas of undergraduate study, graduate programs and Extended Studies courses.

Office of the Registrar

Accreditation, Approval, and Licensure of Institution and Programs

Western Colorado University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Visit to view complete details. For more information, visit Western's Accreditation Page.

Academic Affairs

Campus Security and Fire Safety Information

Review Western's Annual Security Policies and Report.

Campus Security Services

Cost of Attendance

View the estimated costs associated with attending Western Colorado University, including tuition and mandatory fees, on-campus room and board, and books and supplies. Transportation, personal, and miscellaneous estimates are traditionally considered part of the cost of attendance for financial aid purposes.

Student Financial Services


Disability Services

Disability Services offers a variety of resources and accommodations to assist students as they pursue their academic goals. While providing a supportive environment, we encourage students to develop independence and to take responsibility for their academic experiences. 

Academic Resource Center

Drug and Alcohol Prevention Programs

Western Colorado University realizes that student health and wellness are essential to academic, personal and professional success. Western's Student Health & Wellness Office provides resources, education, assessment, formalized trainings, engagement opportunities and peer support to those in need. 

Student Health & Wellness Office

Emergency Response and Evacuation Procedures

Visit Western's Emergency Guide for information on fire and other emergency procedure policies.

Campus Security Services

Financial Aid Information

Information on the types of financial aid available, how to apply, how it is applied to your bill and more is available at Students who receive any form of financial aid, have certain rights and responsibilities.

Student Financial Services

Gainful Employment Information

Western's Career Services Page provides information for students, alumni, families, faculty and staff on career development, internships and post-graduate employment. The Academic Resource Center is the place to go to develop your career plan and future.

Academic Resource Center (ARC)

Intercollegiate Athletics Participation Rates, Financial Support Data, Graduation and Completion Rates

For information about intercollegiate athletics, visit the annual Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act (EADA) report. For information on graduation and completion rates, visit

Intercollegiate Athletics

Privacy of Student Records, The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act

Western's FERPA Page explains your rights with respect to your educational record as outlined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).

Student Affairs

Refund Policy and Requirements for Withdrawal and Return of Federal Financial Aid

Western's Return to Title IV Funds & Refund Policy Page includes what you'll need to know if you need or want to withdraw from the university, including information about deadlines, policies and refund assessment schedules. Students will need to speak with Student Affairs, Student Financial Services and the Registrar when considering withdrawal from school.

Student Affairs
Student Financial Services
Office of the Registrar

Student Graduation, Completion, Transfer-Out Rates

For graduation, completion and transfer-out rates, visit Western's Policies Page under Financial Aid.  You will be directed to College Navigator, which has a complete breakdown of university statistics.


Student Retention Rate

On Western's Policies Page, information can be found on retention rates for Western Colorado University.

Student Financial Services

Student Right To File a Complaint

Study Abroad and Transfer Credit Policies

Western's Credit Page from the University Catalog explains the policies and procedures used by Western when evaluating credits transferring in from another school or source. If you have further questions, contact the Office of the Registrar.

Office of the Registrar

Vaccination Policy

Colorado State Law requires freshman, transfer and graduate students to submit proof of certain vaccinations. Refer to Western's Immunization Requirements Page for details.

Student Affairs

Voter Registration

If you want to register to vote in the state of Colorado, you must be 18 years of age or older on the date of the next election, a citizen of the United States, a resident of the precinct in which you intend to vote at least 30 days before the election and registered to vote at least 29 days before the election. You can register to vote in Colorado online at

If you are not a Colorado resident and you are registered to vote in your home state, you can still vote in your state’s elections by requesting a ballot be mailed to your Colorado address. If you are a Colorado registered voter who will be absent from the state during an election, you can request your ballot be mailed to you—known as a mail-in ballot—by visiting