Consumer Information

Consumer Information

Academic Programs


Please visit The academics page lists all colleges and areas of study within each college offered at Western.  Please use links provided to view more information on specific colleges and programs. 

Office of the Registrar:

Accreditation, Approval, and Licensure of Institution and Programs

Western Colorado University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.  Please go to to view complete details. You can also find more information by clicking here.

Academic Affairs:

Campus Security and Fire Safety Information

Review Western's Annual Security Policies and Report. Information can also be found in the Annual Security and Fire Safety Report.  

Campus Security Services:

Cost of Attendance

Student Financial Services Cost of Attendance

View the estimated costs associated with attending Western Colorado University, including tuition and mandatory fees, on-campus room and board, and books and supplies. Transportation, personal, and miscellaneous estimates are traditionally considered part of the cost of attendance for financial aid purposes.

Student Financial Services:


Disability Services

Disability Services offers a variety of resources and accommodations to assist students as they pursue their academic goals. While providing a supportive environment, we encourage students to develop independence and to take responsibility for their academic experiences. 

Academic Resource Center:

Drug and Alcohol Prevention Programs

Western Colorado University realizes that student health and wellness is essential to academic, personal and professional success. The LEAD Office provides resources, education, assessment, formalized trainings, engagement opportunities and peer support to those in need. 

LEAD Office:

Emergency Response and Evacuation Procedures

Western's Security Protocol

Follow the link above for information on fire and other emergency procedure policies.

Campus Security Services:

Financial Aid Information

Information on the types of financial aid available, how to apply, how it is applied to your bill, and more is available at Students who receive any form of financial aid, have certain rights and responsibilities.

Student Financial Services:

Gainful Employment Information

This site provides information for students, alumni, families, faculty and staff on career development, internships, and post-graduate employment. The Academic Resource Center is the place to go to develop your career plan and future.

Academic Resource Center (ARC):

Intercollegiate Athletics Participation Rates, Financial Support Data, Graduation and Completion Rates

For Information about intercollegiate athletics please see the annual Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act (EADA) report with the link above. For information on graduation and completion rates please visit the athletics website.

Intercollegiate Athletics:
  • 970.943.2079
  • Office Location: Paul Wright Gym 210

Privacy of Student Records, The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act

This page explains your rights with respect to your educational record as outlined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).

Student Affairs:

Refund Policy and Requirements for Withdrawal and Return of Federal Financial Aid

This page includes what you'll need to know if you need or want to withdraw from the university, including information about deadlines, policies and refund assessment schedules. Students will need to speak with Student Affairs, Student Financial Services, and the Registrar when considering withdrawal from school.

Additional information on return of Title IV funds is also available here: Refund Policy.

Student Affairs: 
Student Financial Services
Office of the Registrar:

Student Graduation, Completion, Transfer-out Rates

For Graduation, completion, and transfer-out rates please see the policies page on the financial aid page.  You will be directed to College Navigator which has a complete breakdown of university statistics.  


Student Retention Rate

On the policies page information can be found on retention rates for Western Colorado University.

Student Financial Services:

Student Right to File a Complaint

For information please see the Academic Due Process Page or contact the Student Affairs Office.

For additional information please use the following resources:

Student Affairs:

Study Abroad and Transfer Credit Policies

University Catalog: Transfer Credit, AP Credit, CLEP, and Other Credit Policies

The above link explains the policies and procedures used by Western when evaluating credits transferring in from another school or source.  If you have further questions please contact the Office of the Registrar

Office of the Registrar:

Vaccination Policy

Colorado State Law requires freshman, transfer and graduate students to submit proof of certain vaccinations. Refer to this site for details.

Student Affairs: 

Voter Registration

If you want to register to vote in the state of Colorado, you must be eighteen years of age or older on the date of the next election, a citizen of the United States, a resident of the precinct in which you intend to vote at least 30 days before the election and registered to vote at least 29 days before the election. You can register to vote in Colorado online at

If you are not a Colorado resident and you are registered to vote in your home state, you can still vote in your state’s elections by requesting a ballot be mailed to your Colorado address. If you are a Colorado registered voter who will be absent from the state during an election, you can request your ballot be mailed to you—known as a mail-in ballot—by visiting