Transcripts and Transfer Evaluations

Requesting a Transcript from Western

Order your transcripts online through the National Student Clearinghouse. Requests submitted will be received for processing on the next business day. Please allow 2-3 business days for processing. Expedited transcript requests must be received by 12:00 noon (MST) for same day processing.

Current Students may login to their student account to order or display their transcript.
To order a transcript:
  • Login to your MyWestern account
  • Select Student Services and Financial Aid
  • Select Student Records
  • Select Academic Transcript
  • Order Transcript

Current Western students can print an unofficial transcript from his/her student account.

Former Students and Alumni:
  • Go to
  • Follow the online instructions and submit payment information. Payment must be made by credit/debit card.

If you do not have a credit/debit card to electronically submit a request, please contact the Office of the Registrar directly.

  • 6.00 for a transcript picked up in 300 Taylor Hall or mailed through the Postal Service
  • $32.00 for a rush transcript that will be sent overnight delivery. This fee includes the transcript price, a rush processing fee and the delivery charge.
Please Note:
  • All student accounts with financial holds must be cleared before your transcript request can be processed.
  • Orders not fulfilled within 30 days are automatically canceled.  Keep this in mind when pre-ordering transcripts.
  • Western will not send transcripts via email.
  • Transcript fees are non-refundable.
  • All processing times listed depend upon receipt of consent form.  Please be sure to allow time for processing and mailing.

Transfer Courses

College-level academic courses with grades of C- or better, completed at an institution accredited by a regional accrediting agency, are generally accepted. Western accepts up to 90 credits, combined total, from accredited institutions, military credit, AP, IB, and CLEP exam.
  • Western only applies grades earned through Western toward the calculation of GPA.
  • Western will only grant upper division credit if the transfer course is taken at an upper division level, regardless of Western equivalency.
  • No credit will be granted for remedial or vocational-technical courses; except for some military training or as part of an Academic Policies 18 articulation agreement.
  • Courses recommended by the American Council on Education may be considered for credit.
  • Total credit permitted under CLEP, AP and other programs leading to credit by examination is limited to 40 semester credits.
  • Continuing students are advised to receive approval in advance for transfer credit.
  • Credit earned from non-Western Study Abroad programs are treated as transfer credit.
  • To graduate from Western, students must complete a minimum of 30 credits at Western. At least 15 credits in the major and at least 8 credits in the minor. Of the 40 upper division credits, numbered 300 or 400, required for graduation from Western, at least fifteen credits must be courses in the major. Exceptions to evaluations of transfer credit by the Office of the Registrar may be requested by the appropriate academic department.
Additional information regarding transfer policies may be found in the Admission Policies section of the catalog.

Transferring Grades

Western does NOT transfer grades as part of your academic record, only credit.  Your grade point average will be calculated solely based on your performance in classes taken at Western.

Transferring from Colorado Schools

Western participates in Colorado’s gtPathways Program.  For students transferring from another Colorado institution, gtPathways guarantees the transfer of statewide approved transfer courses and offer specific benefits for those completing an Associate of Arts (AA) or Associate of Science (AS) degree.   Click gtPathways Program for more information.

Western has also developed Transfer Guides which can help guide course selection at Colorado community colleges.

AP (Advanced Placement), CLEP and IB (International Baccalaureate) Credit

Western recognizes that many students have challenged themselves in the Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB) programs.  Credit can be earned for AP exams, College Level Examination Program (CLEP) exams, and the International Baccalaureate (IB) program.  Official score reports must be submitted for consideration from AP and CLEP.  An official transcript must be submitted for consideration for IB credit.

The following links provide specific equivalencies for individual tests.  A minimum score of 3 is required for credit to be granted for most Advanced Placement tests (some require a minimum of 4).  Western will grant International Baccalaureate credit for tests with a score of 4 or better.  Western will award a maximum of 18 credits for CLEP exams.