Career Services Events
- Career, Job & Internship Fair
- Mock Interviews
- Professional Development Dinner
- Career Related Workshops
Thursday, March 19th, 2015 • 10 AM - 2 PM • University Center Ballroom
For Students (all majors and grade levels at Western):
- Network with professionals.
- Find internship opportunities.
- Explore summer 2015 job openings.
- Full-time professional employment opportunities for graduating seniors.
- Don't forget to dress professionally and bring copies of your résumé.
- 2015 business/organization participants.
- To register, click here for instructions.
- Market your company and profession.
- Recruit students for career, job and internship opportunities.
- Interact with young professionals.
- Sponsor a table at the Professional Development Dinner (view additional information by clicking on the "Professional Development Dinner" tab on the top of this page).
- Click here for a Campus Map
- Click here for a list of Accommodations and Restaurants in Gunnison
Registration Fees for Employers: Professional Career, Job & Internship Fair (Thursday, March 19th, 2015)
- $75 per professional company seeking full-time employees in a professional setting (two recruiters).
- $25 per organization or seasonal employer seeking interns or summer employees (two recruiters).
- Includes 8-foot table, wireless access, continental breakfast and lunch.
Register Online through Careers for Mountaineers, click here for instructions.
Professional Development Dinner (previously called Etiquette Dinner) (Wednesday, March 18, 2015) (See additional information on tab at the top of this page)
- $195 per table
- Includes: Dinner and seating for two recruiters
Want to brush up on your interviewing skills? You have the following options:
1. Set up either an in-person or phone, one-on-one mock interview with Mariah Green, Western's Career Services Coordinator. The Mock Interview can be scheduled at a time that is convenient for you. Call 970-943-7122 in order to schedule an appointment.
2. During the Fall and Spring semesters Career Services offers Panel Mock Interviews. The panel incorporates a variety of professional staff and offers feedback from a wide audience - very similar to what you might get when attending a real interview. This is a great opportunity for students from all majors as you will attain feedback from 3-4 people from different backgrounds and disciplines. Be advised that you are required to reserve your spot ahead of time and dress professionally for your mock interview. Call 970-943-7122 in order to reserve your 20 minute time slot.
Spring 2015 Panel Mock Interviews will be offered during the following days and times:
Your interview will be a 20 minute time slot
Spring 2015 - Wednesday, March 18th * 5- 7 pm
University Center Ballroom
Employers want to observe candidates in social situations to see how you conduct yourself. Lots of positions require a certain standard of conduct with clients, coworkers and superiors. You could be critically scrutinized on your table manners and conduct. One specific instance in which candidates are under the microscope is interviews. In many cases, interviews can last for several hours and extend through mealtimes. The employer often hosts you for breakfast, lunch and/or dinner. The meal is a time to visit and interact. The Professional Development Dinner is a great way for you to make your first professional contacts while getting familiar with other topics related to your career. Professional attire is required.
For Students, steps to register for the PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT DINNER:
First establish your account or login using the Careers for Mountaineers database. After you have successfully logged in or created your account for the first time, click on the link at the top of the entire program that says "Career Events". Select "Career Fair" and hit "Search". Click on "PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT DINNER" and proceed with registration. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Mariah Green at 970-943-7122, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Network with Western State Colorado University faculty and staff.
- Recruit students for career and internship opportunities.
Registration Fees for Employers
- Register online through Careers for Mountaineers.
- $195 per table (includes dinner for two recruiters).
- Click here for instructions on how to register.
- Etiquette Scholar - Includes international dining etiquette, toast and toasting, eating everything from artichokes to watermelon, tipping etiquette, tea etiquette, and much more.
- From Diner's Digest:
- American Table Manners
- The Secret of the Formal Place Setting
- How to Use a Knife, Fork and Spoon
- How to Use a Napkin
- Tips and Pitfalls
- Foods You Can Eat With Your Fingers
Career Related Workshops
Each semester Career Services offers in-class presentations related to the job search process, LinkedIn, resumes, cover letters, interviewing, and more. Please check back for an updated list of workshops.
5 Minute Résumé Reviews
This non-formal resume review incorporates just giving you a quick 5 minute session on how you can strengthen your resume! Feel free to bring a copy of your resume with you, or just stop by for some basic tips.