Turning Point Overview
The Turning Point program involves the following:
- Viewing a Ted Talk: The power of believing that you can improve
- This Ted Talk by psychologist Carol Dweck, reviews the growth mindset.
- Completing a Self-Assessment
- The Self-Assessment is an assessment of what happened leading up to your probationary status and what needs to change this semester.
- The Self-Assessment will be available in your MyWestern account in your checklist.
- Meeting with your academic advisor
- The goal of this meeting is to create a strong connection to your advisor and to review your self-assessment and plan of action for the semester.
- Students need to contact their advisor to schedule the meeting once the Self-Assessment is complete.
These steps are required to be taken by the 10th day of the semester or a registration hold will be placed on your account.
The Academic Resource Center wants to see you succeed, and the following resources may also be of benefit to you.
- How to Study.org is a great way to access a variety of studying and learning related pages from a variety of colleges and other educational organizations.