Campus-based Funding Resources for Western Community

Professional Activity Fund (PAF)

Western’s PAF is available to assist faculty as they conduct professional activities and includes, but is not limited to:  engagement with the novel; research; publishing; professional presentations; artistic endeavors; attending professional conferences; grant writing; representing faculty at regional, state, national organizations; and official capacities within professional associations.  Professional activity should be directed toward improving classroom teaching, involving students in research and scholarly activity, or enhancing the reputation of the College.  Emphasis should be on activities that keep teaching current and valid.

Student Government Association Funding (SGA)

SGA has funding that is set-aside called “Bill Money”.  It is an arbitrary amount: everything left after annual expenses.  Contact a student senator for established protocol.

Council for Creative Expressions (CCE) and the Program Council are subcommittees under SGA 

Council for Creative expressions (CCE) funds are automatically earmarked for specific functions like Top of the World and Peak Productions.  Remaining funds are made available upon request and approval.  The Program Council funds various forms of entertainment and speakers on campus.    

Interclub Council (ICC)

ICC uses their allocation to meet the needs of the 40+ official clubs on campus.  Be creative and partner with a club to make a request.  They often have funding left near the end of the academic year so keep them in mind. 

Convocation Funds

The availability of these funds is announced via a “Western info” email in the fall of each year by the LEAD office,.  Contact the LEAD office located in the University Center for additional information.