Course Search New Student Registration
The Course Search is an online tool for you to see all the courses offered during each semester. You can also see if the course is still open, if it is closed (full), CRN (course registration number), course title, the days of the week and times the course meets and the professor's name.
- Go to www.western.edu/class-schedule
- Select the button next to the correct term in which you are looking up classes (ex. Fall 2017).
- On the pull down menu under "Select Course Subject" highlight the course you are interested in learning more about based on the general education classes and the major courses listed on your DegreeWorks (ex. BIOL = Biology).
- Select "Query" at the bottom of the page.
- All the courses with that Course prefix will populate. You can click on the Course (ex. HWTR 100) and view the course description or in some cases, you might need to then click on the "View Catalog Entry" link.
- On the original Course Search page you can also narrow down your search based on Days of the week, Time, General Ed Area and open courses.