Blees Family Scholarship
The Blees Family Scholarship will provide 4 students with $2500 for the duration of the 2020-21 academic year.
Application deadline: June 1, 2020
- 3.0 minimum GPA.
- Enough credits to be designated as a junior (60 credit hours) or senior (90 credit hours).
- Must demonstrate significant and balanced coursework in both "Pratical Arts" (defined below) and "Liberal Arts" (defined below). Preference will be given to students who have declared a major or minor in Practical Arts and a major or minor in Liberal Arts.
- At least two letters of recommendation from faculty (See box below for additional details)
- At least one letter must come from a Practical Arts faculty member
- At least one letter must come from a Liberal Arts faculty member
- Students must submit a letter accompanying their application where they articulate why they believe a "Well-Rounded" education containing both Practical and Liberal Arts will help them succeed in the marketplace.
- Students enrolled in the Western/CU-Boulder Partnership for Computer Science and Engineering will be eligible for scholarship as long as they have a Liberal Arts minor.
- Preference will be given to students that can demonstrate financial need.
- Preference will not be given on the basis of race, ethnicity or gender.
"Practical Arts" for the purpose of this scholarship will be coursework in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Geology, Excercise and Sports Science, and Business.
"Liberal Arts" for the purpose of this scholarship will be coursework in Art, Behavioral and Social Sciences, Communication Arts, Education, Film, English, Environment and Sustainability, Music, Philosophy, Public Relations, Spanish and Theater.
This scholarship requires two letters of recommendation: at least one from a liberal arts faculty member, and at least one from a practical arts faculty member. These letters must be submitted by the faculty member to a Dropbox location. It is responsibility of the student to inform faculty members of this. Any applications without the required two letters would be considered incomplete and not eligible for the award. Faculty can submit their letters of recommendation to this link.