Caniff, Al Art Scholarship
- Full-time Western Senior majoring in Art
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or above
- Student must exhibit service to the Art program by involvement with the ART League or other co-curricular art activities
- Preference will be given to a BFA Senior Veterans of the United States Armed Forces
This scholarship is provided by Dr. Al Caniff.
Selected by: Art Faculty in consultation with the Financial Aid Office.
Contact the Art Department at 970.943.3093 | Quigley Hall 202
Dolezal, Gary Memorial Scholarship
- High School seniors to college seniors
- Must have been involved in scouting program and attained rank of First Class Scout
- Must be a graduate of a Western Slope high school
- Preference will be given to Gunnison High School graduates who meet the criteria
This scholarship is provided by the family to perpetuate the memory of Gary Dolezal, who was an example of scouting, citizenship and scholarship.
Award depends on funds available
Please complete and submit Western's Common Scholarships Application.
Mary L. Alber Memorial Art Education Scholarship
- Student must be full-time
- Junior or senior art majors seeking Art Education Licensure
- Student must have completed a minimum of 60 credit hours
- Must have and maintain a GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Demonstrate a strong interest in art education and the potential to become a successful teacher in art
This scholarship is provided by art students, celebrating the memory of Mary L. Alber, Western class of 1942.
Award determined by available funds. Renewable.
The Brian Hirsh Award
- Must be a graduating Art Major with skills in sculpting, preferably in hand built ceramics
The Brian Hirsh Award has been established by Joel and Barbara Hirsh to provide an award to a Western Colorado University Senior majoring in Art. This scholarship serves to honor the art talent of Brian Hirsh, a 2001 graduate of Western who passed away in 2012. The small award is for a graduating senior, to give them a start in their career, perhaps to start a website, to cover a fee or an art show or art supplies; however, there are no strings attached.
Scholarship Recipient Selected by:
The recipient will be determined by the Art faculty, in consultation with Financial Aid.
Application: Contact the Department of Art and Music for scholarship application and deadline information.
970.943.2071 | Quigley Hall 101
Assistant Professor of Art
Office Location: Quigley Hall 233
Professor of Art
Office Location: Quigley Hall 234
Associate Professor of Art
Office Location: Quigley Hall 232
Art Department Chair, Associate Professor of Art
Office Location: Quigley Hall 240
Assistant Professor of Art
Office Location: Quigley Hall 229
Lecturer in Art
Office Location: Quigley Hall 227
Professor of Art; Administrative Director Master in Gallery Management & Exhibits Specialization; Colorado State Representative, Association of Academic Museums and Galleries
Office Location: Quigley Hall 231
MGES Grosland Director
Office Location: Quigley Hall 230
Professor of History; Director of Master in Gallery Management & Exhibits Specialization
Office Location: Kelley Hall 225