Let the Western State Foundation help you plan your next gift or Give Online today.
Make a gift to the new & University Center, and get a Colorado State tax-credit! The University Center is a Colorado State Enterprise Zone Project. Click here for more details.
Or make a Planned Gift to Western NOW!
The time is right for making a planned gift to Western! Although we are in an inclement economic climate, it is actually an ideal time for estate planning.
The time is NOW. Protect your loved ones, while supporting Western. Please click here for more information about making a planned gift.
Give to the University Center and get a Colorado State Tax Credit!
Western's University Center is a Colorado Enterprise Zone! All donors who make a gift of $50.00 or more to the University Center, who also pay Colorado State Income Tax, qualify for a 25% tax credit for the amount of their cash gifts from the State. Learn more here!
The Western State Foundation Scholars Program
For guidelines and information about the application process for the Western State Colorado University Foundation Scholars Program, please click here.
Own your own Mountaineer Sculpture! Limited Time Only.
Reserve your 13" Limited Edition Bronze Numbered Replica Sculpture of Joshua Tobey's Mountaineer! Your collectible limited bronze edition will be one of only 100 pieces cast and mounted on a handsome wood base for this Limited Edition offer. $1,500 for the first 25! After that, the price is $2,000. For more information, please call the Foundation Office or email email@example.com.
An annual publication for friends of the Western State Foundation, the Report of Appreciation includes stories about donors and various projects funded by their generosity. The publication also lists individuals, corporations and foundations that made gifts to the Foundation that fiscal year.
The Foundation Scholars Program
The funds for this program are donated to the Foundation by Western alumni, friends, and parents.
- Provide $4,000 to a freshman, sophomore, junior, and senior Western student (one scholarship per class). Students can be resident or non-resident students.
- The Scholarship is renewable for non-seniors:
A. Must maintain a 3.5 grade point average;
B. Must contribute their leadership abilities as a student;
C. Must submit a brief letter outlining these accomplishments;
D. Must maintain status as a full-time student.
Eligible candidates should have a high school, transfer, or Western State Colorado University grade point average of, at minimum, 3.5 on a 4.0 scale. For high school applicants, an accompanying score of 25 or higher is required on the ACT or a score of 1100 on the SAT. Candidates must also demonstrate leadership qualities or experience.
- Send a cover letter and resume citing your qualifications and accomplishments.
- Make sure to include your Western student identification number in your application.
- At least two letters of recommendation.
- Official copy of your most recent educational transcript. Incoming Freshmen, this is a HIGHLY competitive scholarship, please note if your school does not provide advanced courses (AP, Honors, IB, dual credit, etc.)
- Document ACT or SAT scores if not listed on transcript.
- Any other documentation that would be helpful in evaluating you as a candidate for this Scholarship.
- Use staples or paper clips only, NO binders.
Applications must be received by January 19th, 2018 and should be submitted to:
Western State Colorado University Foundation, Inc.
THE FOUNDATION SCHOLARS PROGRAM
P.O. Box 1264
Gunnison, CO 81230