The Menan Foundation Scholars Program
The funds for this program are donated to the Foundation by Western alumni, friends, and parents and the fund was endowed by the estate of Nancy Menan ('64).
- Provide $4,000 to a freshman, sophomore, junior, and senior Western student (one scholarship per class). Students can be resident or non-resident students.
- The Scholarship is renewable for non-seniors:
A. Must maintain a 3.5 grade point average;
B. Must contribute their leadership abilities as a student;
C. Must submit a brief letter outlining these accomplishments;
D. Must maintain status as a full-time student.
Eligible candidates should have a high school, transfer, or Western Colorado University grade point average of, at minimum, 3.5 on a 4.0 scale. For high school applicants, an accompanying score of 25 or higher is required on the ACT or a score of 1100 on the SAT. Candidates must also demonstrate leadership qualities or experience.
- Send a cover letter and resume citing your qualifications and accomplishments.
- Make sure to include your Western student identification number in your application.
- At least two letters of recommendation.
- Official copy of your most recent educational transcript. Incoming Freshmen, this is a HIGHLY competitive scholarship, please note if your school does not provide advanced courses (AP, Honors, IB, dual credit, etc.)
- Document ACT or SAT scores if not listed on transcript.
- Any other documentation that would be helpful in evaluating you as a candidate for this Scholarship.
- Use staples or paper clips only, NO binders.
Applications must be received by January 18th, 2019 and should be submitted to:
Western Colorado University Foundation, Inc.
THE MENAN FOUNDATION SCHOLARS PROGRAM
P.O. Box 1264
Gunnison, CO 81230