The Foundation Scholars Program
$4000 to a freshman, sophomore, junior and senior Western student (one scholarship per class). Students can be resident or non-resident students.
The Scholarship is renewable for non-seniors:
- Must maintain a 3.5 grade point average;
- Must contribute their leadership abilities as a student;
- Must submit a brief letter outlining these accomplishments;
- Must maintain status as a full-time student.
Eligible candidates should have a high school, transfer, or Western Colorado University grade point average of 3.5 (minimum). For high school applicants, an accompanying score of 25 or higher is required on the ACT or a score of 1100 on the SAT. Candidates must also demonstrate leadership qualities or experience.
- Send a cover letter and resume citing your qualifications and accomplishments.
- Make sure to include your Western student identification number in your application.
- At least two letters of recommendation.
- Official copy of your most recent educational transcript. Incoming Freshmen, this is a HIGHLY competitive scholarship, please note if your school does not provide advanced courses (AP, Honors, IB, dual credit, etc.)
- Document ACT or SAT scores if not listed on transcript.
- Any other documentation that would be helpful in evaluating you as a candidate for this Scholarship.
- Use staples or paper clips only, NO binders. Use staples or paper clips only.
Applications must be received by Jan. 19, 2018 and should be submitted to:
Western Colorado University Foundation, Inc.
THE FOUNDATION SCHOLARS PROGRAM
P.O. Box 1264
Gunnison, CO 81230
Let the Western Foundation help you plan your next gift or give online today.
Make a gift to the University Center, and recieve Colorado State tax credit. The University Center is a Colorado State Enterprise Zone Project. Click here for more details.
Make a Planned Gift to Western
The time is right for making a planned gift to Western. Learn how you can make a planned gift today.
Give to the University Center and Recieve Colorado State Tax Credit
Western's University Center is a Colorado Enterprise Zone. All donors who make a gift of $50 or more to the University Center and who also pay Colorado State Income Tax, qualify for a 25 percent tax credit for the amount of their cash gifts from the State. Learn more here.
The Western Menan Foundation Scholars Program
For guidelines and information about the application process, go to the Western Colorado University Menan Foundation Scholars Program page.