Summer Experience at Western
Due to ongoing concerns and preventative measures regarding COVID-19, the May 2020 Summer Experience at Western has been canceled. Please contact the campus visit coordinator at email@example.com for more information and to learn more about signing up for events later this summer.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thursday and Friday, June 18 and 19
- Saturday and Sunday, July 25 and 26
- Thursday and Friday, Aug. 6 and 7
|Mountaineer Bus pickup in Denver||8 a.m.||Site TBD (mileage reimbursement available for private transport)|
|Campus arrival with lunch provided||Noon|
Western Colorado University in Gunnison
|On-campus conference and tour||1-4 p.m.||Western Colorado University campus|
|Transportation to nearby Crested Butte (by bus or private vehicle)||4-5 p.m.||30-mile drive north along scenic Colorado Highway 135|
|Check-in at The Grand Lodge and free time in Crested Butte and Mt. Crested Butte||5-6 p.m.||Happy hour at The Grand Lodge|
|Dinner||6-8 p.m.||Dinner at The Grand Lodge, hosted by Western Colorado University's president|
|Breakfast||8-9 a.m.||The Grand Lodge|
|Crested Butte excursion||9-11 a.m.||Pickup and drop-off at The Grand Lodge|
|Mountaineer Bus pickup for departure to Denver||Noon||The Grand Lodge|
On-Campus Conference and Tour
- Tour of Western's tree-lined, walkable campus
- Greeting from Western Colorado University President Gregory B. Salsbury, Ph.D.
- Presentation: What's new and exciting at Western Colorado University?
- Presentation: Financial Aid at Western Colorado University
- Day One: lunch, dinner
- Day Two: breakfast, box lunch for the road
Options: Crested Butte Excursion
- Free time in towns of Crested Butte and Mt. Crested Butte
- Guided hike in the "Wildflower Capital of Colorado"
- Complimentary ride on Mountaineer Bus to/from Denver: details to come
- Mileage reimbursement available for private transport
- The Grand Lodge in Mt. Crested Butte
- Complimentary, single-occupancy room for evening of Day One