Admitted Non-Degree-Seeking Checklist

Non-Degree Seeking students admitted for the spring and fall of 2019: Please go through the following checklist as you prepare to enroll at Western.

Activate your MyWestern and Student Email Address

  • Visit to set up your MyWestern account. MyWestern is where you view financial aid information, DegreeWorks, class registration dates and much more. 
  • After MyWestern activation, another email will arrive with instructions on setting up your email address. Your email is what you should use for official University communication.

Confirm Your Enrollment

  • Once you've made your decision to attend Western, you may submit your $200 tuition deposit. You will need to submit your deposit before you can register for classes. You can submit your deposit through your MyWestern account. You can also pay your deposit by check or credit card with the Cashier's Office at 970.943.3003. ​​
    • ​​Note: Tuition deposits are non-refundable and only necessary for your first semester at Western.

Register for Classes

  • Non-degree seeking students independently enroll in classes and do not have an advisor. For more information, please visit Non-Degree Seeking Registration Information
  • Class registration for new students will open on:​
    • Summer 2019 Admits: March 4, 2019
    • Fall 2019 Admits: May 1, 2019

Upload Your Mountaineer Card Photo

The Mountaineer Card is your official University ID. By uploading your photo, you will be able to receive your ID from your EPIC Mentor during a normally scheduled event at New Student Orientation. Otherwise, you will have to find a limited scheduled time to visit the Mountaineer Card office and have your picture taken and card printed.

Upload your photo here. The login for this webpage is the same as your MyWestern. Once logged in, choose “Profile” to upload your photo.

For questions, contact the Mountaineer Card office at 970.943.2525, email or visit our Mountaineer Card webpage.

Send Immunization and Selective Service Records

  • Colorado law requires all students to show proof of immunity against measles, mumps, and rubella. At a minimum, students must have completed the first MMR immunization before classes begin. Medical and religious exemptions are allowed. Students who plan to reside in on-campus housing may also want to consider receiving the meningococcal vaccine. If you live on-campus, proof of meningococcal vaccine or waiver is required. 
  • These forms are sent in a Welcome email after you register for classes. You can also find the forms on the Student Affairs webpage. Forms can be faxed to 970.943.2254, emailed to, or mailed to the address below with Attn: Student Affairs. 

For questions about these documents, contact the Office of Student Affairs at 970.943.2011 or

Get Your Books

  • Sign up for the Books-To-Go Program at or pick up all your books during your first week of classes at Western's Bookstore located in the University Center.

For questions on textbooks, contact the Bookstore at 970.943.2156 or

Pay Your Tuition Bill

  • You will receive a paper billing statement by mail.
    • Adding or dropping classes may affect your account balance. Check your current account balance through your MyWestern Account one business day after making any changes.
  • Payment is due in full on or before the first day of classes, unless you set up a W-Pay Payment Plan.

For questions on your billing statement, contact the Cashier’s Office at 970.943.3003 or