Admitted Additional Bachelors Student Checklist
Activate your MyWestern and Student Email Address
- Visit western.edu/activate to set up your MyWestern account. MyWestern is where you view financial aid information, DegreeWorks, class registration dates and more.
- After MyWestern activation, another email will arrive with instructions on setting up your western.edu email address. Your western.edu email is what you should use for official University communication.
- Transfer credit evaluations take place 1-2 weeks after you are accepted. You will receive an email notifying you that your evaluation has been completed and is now posted to your DegreeWorks profile.
- For questions on the Transfer Credit Evaluation process, contact the Registrar's Office at 970.943.7003 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for Financial Aid
- Fall 2019 Admits: Beginning October 1, 2018, fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Western's school code is 001372.
- Priority deadline for the 2019-2020 academic year is March 1, 2019
- Check the status of your financial aid and scholarships and accept/modify/decline student loans through your MyWestern account. Financial Aid awards will be available beginning:
- Spring 2019 Admits: Early-December, 2018
- Fall 2019 Admits: Mid-March, 2019
- Visit Western's Financial Aid page for additional resources.
Confirm Your Enrollment
- Once you’ve made your decision to attend Western, you may submit your $200 tuition deposit. You will need to submit your deposit before you can register for classes. You can submit your deposit through your MyWestern account. You can also pay your deposit by check or credit card with the Cashier's Office at 970.943.3003.
- Note: Tuition deposits are non-refundable and only necessary for your first semester at Western.
Register For Classes
1. Pay the $200 tuition deposit through your MyWestern account. You can also pay your deposits by check or credit card with the Cashier's Office at 970.943.3003
2. Review and sign the "Financial Agreement" through your MyWestern account. It will appear on the Checklist immediately after logging in.
3. Complete the New Student Registration Survey at www.western.edu/registration.
Fall 2019 Admits: Survey available May 1, 2019
For questions on class registration, please contact the Academic Resource Center at 970.943.7056 or email@example.com.
Send Immunization and Selective Service Records
- Colorado law requires all students to show proof of immunity against measles, mumps, and rubella. At a minimum, students must have completed the first MMR immunization before classes begin. Medical and religious exemptions are allowed. Students who plan to reside in on-campus housing may also want to consider receiving the meningococcal vaccine. If you live on-campus, proof of meningococcal vaccine or waiver is required.
- These forms are sent to you in a Welcome email after you are registered for classes. You can also find the forms on the Student Affairs webpage. Forms can be faxed to 970.943.2254, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed to the address below with Attn: Student Affairs.
For questions about these documents, contact the Office of Student Affairs at 970.943.2011 or email@example.com
Submit Your Final Official College Transcripts
- You must send your final, official college transcript(s) to the Admissions Office so a final transfer credit evaluation can be completed.
Get Your Books
- Sign up for the Books-To-Go Program at bookstore.western.edu or pick up all your books during your first week of classes at Western's Bookstore located in the University Center.
For questions on textbooks, contact the Bookstore at 970.943.2156.
Pay Your Tuition Bill
- You will receive a paper billing statement by mail.
- Adding or dropping classes may affect your account balance. Check your current account balance through your MyWestern Account one business day after making any changes.
- Payment is due in full on or before the first day of classes, unless you set up a W-Pay Payment Plan.
For questions on your billing statement, contact the Cashier’s Office at 970.943.3003 or firstname.lastname@example.org.