Alumni E-mail Migration
- Log into your western.edu google apps account http://western.edu/madjackmail, go to Settings and then to the IMAP/POP tab and enable POP.
- Then log into your westernalum.org at http://mail.westernalum.org Google account and go to Settings and Accounts and select: Add a POP3 mail account you own.
- Add your Western e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make sure the username has @western.edu - email@example.com.
Use your Western student password.
- The pop server is pop.gmail.com and the port is 995.
- You must check: Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail.
- Click Add Account
- If all works as expected, the account will be added and your mail will move from your @western account.
BE PATIENT! It takes a while (longer than you would think) for the mail to move across.
- If you are unable to log in, or are getting an error message, reset your password at www.western.edu/password and then try adding your account again. If you still can't add your account, feel free to contact IT Services for further assistance.
Student Account Deletion
Your student account (email and S drive) will be deleted 30 days into the next semester. For example, if you are graduating in the Spring of 2014 then your student account will be deleted 30 days after the start of the Fall semester.