Why Study Finance?
The financial services industry is one of the most attractive areas in business. With high salaries and strong demand for graduates, finance is a very popular choice for students. Denver and Colorado Springs have vibrant financial sectors and recent graduates have been placed with firms including Charles Schwab, Factset, Wells Fargo and Northwest Mutual.
What skills will I learn?
The coursework in the finance major will allow you to learn how to:
- Prepare, analyze and interpret financial information
- Apply financial theories to make sound business decisions
- Apply the basic principles of security markets to create, evaluate and manage security portfolios
- Value cash flows, businesses, capital projects and financial securities
- Make investment decisions
- Research and interpret data by applying appropriate technology tools to solve business problems
- Understand the risk reward relationships that go into every financial decision
Students with a finance degree have the opportunity to seek positions as:
- Financial Analysts
- Financial Consultants
- Finance Managers
- Money Managers
- Financial Planners
- Corporate Financiers
- Investment Bankers
- Real Estate Agents