- The Honors Program test score requirements are 25 ACT or 1190 SAT.
- Exceptions are occasionally made. An overall grade point average higher than 3.5 may counterbalance a slightly lower test score.
- Transfer students with 29 or fewer credits are invited to join Honors if they have achieved a minimum overall 3.3 college grade point average as well as fulfilled the high school GPA and test score requirements. Transfer students with 29 or more credits and a minimum overall 3.3 college grade point average are considered on an individual basis.
- Continuation in the program is based on maintaining an overall grade point average of 3.0. Graduation from the program requires a grade point average of 3.3 and completion of program requirements. Honors students who complete the 21 credit Honors curriculum with a minimum 3.3 overall grade point average are recognized at graduation.
- Honors students are expected to complete a minimum of 21 credit hours of Honors courses. Continuation in the program is based on maintaining an overall grade point average of 3.0. Graduation from the program requires an overall grade point average of 3.3.
- The 21 credits of Honors courses are built into the 120 credit hours required to graduate from Western.
- Students are also strongly recommended to take a minimum of one Honors course per academic year to remain in good standing.