Exercise & Sport Science students learn how to promote healthy lifestyles and enhance performance in exercise, sport and physical activity settings. Graduates pursue entry-level careers in teaching, fitness, sport and wellness in addition to professional certifications and graduate degrees in physical therapy, exercise physiology, cardiac rehabilitation and other allied health fields.
- The Standard major is the most flexible program and is designed to be paired with a major or minor in another discipline.
- The Clinical Exercise Physiology emphasis is for students planning to enroll in the High Altitude Exercise Physiology 3+2 program.
- The Clinical Exercise Science emphasis gives students hands-on lab experience with clients and experiential opportunities to learn physiological components of exercise.
- The Health & Fitness emphasis is for students interested in developing and executing workout routines.
- The K-12 Licensure emphasis prepares students for careers as Physical Education (PE) teachers and includes coursework in classic scientific environments and community schools.
- The Sport & Fitness emphasis focuses on the business aspect of sport and fitness, including marketing, events and facility management.
- The Sport Psychology minor explores the psychological underpinnings of sport and exercise while giving students a powerful skill set for handling the mental challenges of everyday life.
Careers & Opportunities
Graduates pursue graduate degrees and careers in:
- Accelerated nursing
- Athletic training
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Exercise physiology
- Occupational therapy and other allied health fields
- Physical education
- Physical therapy
- Physician assistantship
- Special education
- Sport administration
- Sport psychology
- Wellness coaching
Reach out to Lance Dalleck, Ph.D. for more information.