Preparing for Your Residency
What you need to do before your Residency Year
- 2016-17 First Residency Meeting PowerPoint Presentation
- April 2016 Final Residency Meeting PowerPoint.pptx
- Complete all the coursework within your academic major with a C- or better with an overall GPA of 2.75 or above
- Complete EDUC 000 Education Gateway Course with a satisfactory grade
- Compete EDUC 340 Brain-based Learning Motivation and Achievement
- Pass the Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators in reading, writing, and math. #5751
- Fingerprints. Submit a completed fingerprint card or provide documentation verifying that fingerprints are on file with the CDE and have completed the FBI clearance
- Attend both mandatory Residency meetings, in Nov. and April.
Applying for Your Residency
Click here to submit a digital version Residency application in Tk20.
Your advisor needs to review and sign the following application items:
- Unofficial Transcripts or Degree Works worksheet, showing that all major/minor requirements will be met, before Residency begins.
More about the PLACE and Praxis II tests
The Colorado Department of Education only accepts content knowledge tests administered by PLACE or Praxis II. PLACE was designed and developed for Colorado, whereas Praxis II is a nationwide test.
Please check that the test for which you are registering is approved by the State of Colorado and accepted for the endorsement that you are seeking.