Teaching Abroad

Earn your Colorado teaching license while working abroad.  Not only do you get to travel, but also living abroad contributes to a more sophisticated understanding of yourself and your world - qualities that can make you a better teacher.

Are you interested in completing your teaching Residency abroad?

If you are interested in earning your teaching license while completing your student teaching in an American school overseas or a foreign school, Western can help you explore the possibilities.

The Department of Defense offers opportunities to student teach in their American schools around the world. See Department of Defense Student Teaching opportunities.  Application deadline: April 30.

"The compassion my instructors have shown me over these past two years has been a huge inspiration to me as to the kind of teacher I hope to be to my own students. You are all very much appreciated and I have recommended this program to more people than I can even count.”

- Cortney Berry, Vientiane, Laos

Have you been hired as an English Teaching Assistant abroad?

If you have been hired as an ETA, you may be able to earn your teaching license with Western while you are working overseas, provided that you are able to fulfill Western's program requirements, including five consecutive weeks of full time student teaching.