Admissions Checklist for MA in Educator Effectiveness
Application Requirements for the M.A. in Education, Educator Effectiveness Emphasis
THE FALL 2019 APPLICATION CYCLE IS NOW OPEN!
- Upload a copy of a current teaching license. Please contact Kercia Hughes (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you will not be working in your own classroom next year - this may effect your ability to complete Western courses.
- Upload a professional resume
- Short Response Questions: Answer two short response questions. Allow 500-750 words for each response:
- What has led you to apply to Western's M.A. in Education program? Why now? What makes you a good candidate for the program?
- Based on your beliefs and experience, can all students learn? Explain your response.
- Submit two Professional Recommendation Forms. The recommenders will submit their recommendation forms electronically. You will provide the names and e-mail addresses of your recommenders in your online application, and they will be sent a link to complete the recommendation form.
- Submit official transcripts demonstrating a minimum GPA of 3.0 on your undergraduate or graduate degree conferring transcript. Transcripts should be sent directly to Western from the issuing institution by mail to:
Western Colorado University
School of Graduate Studies
1 Western Way, Crawford Hall 118
Gunnison, CO 81231
Electronic transcripts can be sent directly from the issuing institution to: email@example.com