Jack Mountain Bushcraft School
Welcome to the Jack Mountain Bushcraft School program.
Jack Mountain Bushcraft School and Western State Colorado University have developed a partnership to provide college credit for Jack Mountain courses.
Once a student enrolls in a Jack Mountain Bushcraft School course, credit registration is available through Western Extended Studies. Upon successful completion of the course and assignments due, Recreation and Outdoor Education (ROE) special topics credit is awarded. The amount of credit earned is based upon the length of the course.
You can request a registration packet by completing the outdoor programs application request form.
- Carefully read, and complete the Jack Mountain Bushcraft School Course Credit Registration Packet.
- Complete, sign and initial all designated areas in Sections B and C (required).
- Complete and sign Section D (optional).
- Carefully review Payment Instructions (Cash, AmeriCorps, or 529 plan). Make sure this section is complete.
- Return Sections B, C, and D to the Extended Studies Office by email, fax, or mail.
- Keep all other information with you in an accessible place for reference.
IMPORTANT: Registration and full payment for credit should be received by our office no later than two weeks before the first day of a course. Incomplete registration forms will not be processed. Registrations are processed in the order they are received. If received less than two weeks before the course start date, processing is not guaranteed. Registration requests to process AmeriCorps or 529 plan funding for Jack Mountain Bushcraft School tuition and fees must be submitted no later than 30 days before the Jack Mountain payment deadline for course fees.
Your assignment is due in to our office no later than 3 weeks from the last day of your Jack Mountain Bushcraft School course. You may send it by email or fax to our contact information below. Please refer to the Jack Mountain Assignment Instructions for specific guidelines concerning Student Responsibility, Content Instructions, and Assignment Format.
Registration forms and check payments may be mailed to:
600 N. Adams, Taylor Hall 303
Gunnison, CO 81231
Make checks out to: Western State Colorado University
Registration forms, assignments and questions may be sent by email or fax: