Welcome to the Irwin Guides program.
Irwin Guides and Western State Colorado University have developed a partnership to provide college credit for selected Irwin Guides courses.
Once a student enrolls in an Irwin Guides course, credit registration is available through Western Extended Studies. Upon successful completion of the course, Recreation and Outdoor Education (ROE) special topics credit is awarded. The amount of credit earned is based upon the length of the course.
You can request a registration packet by completing the outdoor programs application request form.
1. Carefully read and complete the Irwin Guides Course Credit Registration Packet.
2. Complete, sign and initial all designated areas in Sections B and C (required).
3. Complete and sign Section D (optional).
4. Carefully review Payment Instructions (Cash, AmeriCorps, or 529 plan). Make sure this section is complete.
5. Return Sections B, C, and D to the Extended Studies Office by email, fax, or mail.
6. Keep all other information with you in an accessible place for reference.
IMPORTANT: Registration and full payment for credit should be received by our office no later than two weeks before the first day of a course. Incomplete registration forms will not be processed. Registrations are processed in the order they are received. If received less than two weeks before the course start date, processing is not guaranteed. Registration requests to process AmeriCorps or 529 plan funding for Irwin Guides tuition and fees must be submitted no later than 30 days before the Irwin Guides payment deadline for course fees.
Registration forms and check payments may be mailed to:
600 N Adams St, Taylor Hall 303
Gunnison, CO 81231
Make checks out to: Western State Colorado University
Registration forms, assignments, and questions may be sent by email or fax: